Generic simulation tutorials¶
The generic simulation tutorials consist of a group of scenarios that guide you through simulations that will help you understand how to use a configuration file, campaign file, and input data files to run EMOD simulations. Each scenario has a corresponding directory and a demographics file in the RegressionScenariosInputFiles directory so you can run the simulation on your computer. All of these configuration files (config.json) have Simulation_Type set to GENERIC_SIM.
There are two ways to use the tutorials. You can read the tutorials information and graphs to learn about the model; installing EMOD is not required. Or, for a more hands-on approach, you can also run the simulations that are associated with the tutorials and make the suggested changes to the configuration files to see the impact on the output graphs. See EMOD installation for installation instructions and Run simulations for information on how to run EMOD simulations.
You can refer to EMOD parameter reference for more information regarding individual parameters that you are interested in modifying.
These scenarios are for learning purposes only and are not considered scientifically valid.
- Generic 1: SIR - Simple single-node outbreak
- Generic 2: SIR - Targeted vaccination campaigns
- Generic 3: SIER - Incubation periods
- Generic 4: SEIR - Vital dynamics (birth and death)
- Generic 5: SIRS - Waning immunity
- Generic 6: SEIRS - Disease-specific mortality and endemics
- Generic 7: SI - Lifelong infection
- Generic 8: SIS - Reoccurring infections
- Generic 9: Density scaling of infectivity
- Generic 10: Animal reservoir zoonosis
- Heterogeneous Intra-Node Transmission (HINT) tutorials